Truly a professional!
1. Know what you want to ask and what you expect; write that down in advance. If you only state what the complaint is, we will not be able to help you as well.
2. Always think in advance: why am I bringing this complaint now? Do the same for control appointments: do you only come because you have to, or do you also have questions yourself?
3. Always be honest. Do not exaggerate or trivialize your complaint; incorrect information may lead to incorrect treatment.
4. Be reasonable in your questions. Discuss openly what you expect, but don’t demand anything. A bad relationship is unpleasant for both parties and does not benefit healthcare.
5. Don’t save questions. If you have several questions, please indicate this at the start of the consultation, so that we can take this into account.
The physiotherapists try to perform their profession as well and professionally as possible. However, it is possible that you are not satisfied with something. In that case, we kindly ask you to discuss this with us as soon as possible. We would like to hear even minor matters so that we can possibly improve our professional attitude.
You have the following options :
A conversation: discuss your problem with the person who treated you. Do you find this difficult? Then you can bring a friend or family member with you.
Mediation : You can request a mediation meeting. This is possible at the KNGF (Royal Dutch Association for Physiotherapy).
Advice: You can obtain information from the IKG (Healthcare Information and Complaints Office). Or at the LIP (National Information Point for Patients). Both agencies can advise you on how best to make your complaint known.
Complaints procedure : Does a conversation not yield the desired result? Then you can submit a complaint in writing. Or you can authorize someone to file a complaint on your behalf. An independent committee will deal with your complaint. Send your letter to one of the following authorities:
The complaints committee of the KNGF, the Supervisory Committee of the KNGF or the Regional Disciplinary Court of the government.